What is the solution (the 2016 priority)?
Make sure projects are complete streets by advocating on specific projects as well as policy changes.
Who is involved?
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways is taking the lead on this initiative in partnership with our local groups. We are also working with Feet First and Cascade Bicycle Club on specific projects.
- Get Involved: We could use your help! Let us know that you support this priority!
- ROWIM: The Right of Way Improvement Manual is the cookbook that SDOT and private developers use when building or revising streets. We brought stakeholders together in a multiyear process to review and comment on the manual, so that Seattle will be at the leading edge of street design.
- Move Seattle Levy includes complete streets: Baked into the Move Seattle Levy is language that every major project must answer how it is addressing Safe Routes to School, Vision Zero, and Race and Social Justice issues. We are now tracking the implementation of this complete streets requirement.
- Roosevelt Way NE: University Greenways led the charge to make sure this repaving project in the University District included safety upgrades for people walking and biking. We also partnered with Feet First and Cascade. The improved project is now underway! Please support local businesses during the construction period.
- Complete Streets Flowchart: SDOT is developing a revised way to allocate street space. We are following this process to ensure it results in good outcomes for people who walk and bike.
- This priority builds off of the successes of our 2015 Complete Streets priority, click to see our past successes and a recap from the 2015 campaign.