Local SNG Coalition groups involved: Licton-Haller Greenways, Lake City Greenways, and Greenwood-Phinney Greenways
What was the 2015 priority? Creating a safe route to school along N/NW 92nd St. to connect people across Aurora and I-5 to Wilson Pacific School, North Seattle College, Olympic View Elementary School, and the Fremont Greenway.
- Win! We received a Safe Routes to School Mini Grant to engage the community around safe routes to the Wilson-Pacifc School. Email email@example.com to get more involved. We have been conducting audits with the community and will be releasing a report in 2016.
- Win! The National Park Service’s has awarded a grant for technical assistance Licton-Haller Greenways and Greenwood-Phinney Greenways to help them effectively work on safe routes to school projects in 2016.
- We are having success gathers supporters to a coalition to support safe routes to the Wilson-Pacific Schools.
- We received Safe Routes to School grant to engage the community in a planning process to determine the most important routes and trouble spots for the new Wilson-Pacific School.
- Big Win! The Seattle Department of Planning and Development is requiring Seattle Public Schools to make sure they connect NW 92nd St through their property via a trail.
- Win! The National Park Service’s has awarded a grant for technical assistance to Lake City Greenways and Licton-Haller Greenways to help them organize effectively in 2015.