What was the 2015 priority?
Advocate for strong local and city support for engineered speed reduction, enforcement, education, and more.
In February 2015 Seattle Mayor Ed Murray took the pledge to become a Vision Zero City, the culmination of years of work!
The primary way organized in 2016 was through the Neighbors for Vision Zero group:
We are are a lead organization of Neighbors for Vision Zero. Click the link for more details and to sign the Vision Zero Pledge.
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways also continued our program to implement Memorial Walks and Rides in 2016.
Walks and Rides 2013-2015
We follow this checklist to plan Memorial Walks & Ride events.
- Schulte family. Wedgwood. Walking. 4/1/13
- Lance David. East Marginal Way. Bicycle. 5/7/13
- Surinderpaul Basra. Georgetown. Walking. 5/21/13
- Trevon Crease Holden. Rainier Valley. Walking. 8/5/13
- Anonymous. Madison Park. Walking (hit by bicyclist) 8/31/13
- James St. Clair. High Point. Walking. 12/31/13
- Schulte Family, 1 year anniversary. Wedgwood. Walking. 3/24/14
- Sandhya Khadka. Pinehurst. Walking 4/17/14
- Rebecca Scollard. First Hill. Walking 8/13/14
- Sher Kung. Downtown. Bicycle 9/5/14
- Caleb Shoop. Kenmore. Bicycle 9/17/14
- Zeytuna Edo. Rainier Valley. Walking 9/30/14
- Leo Almanzor. Walking 1/17/15